Friday, December 27, 2013

Novermber and Most of December

A lot has happened since the last post. Most notably for my few readers would be the accident I was involved in on November 3rd. When I left Bandon, I had chosen to go North to Bellingham for three main reasons: 1. To see my young friend, Alexaray Taylor, settled and comfortable in her new home...my old RV. 2. To surprise my daughter for her 27th birthday. And 3. To visit friends who I had no idea when I might see again. After all, I was just around the corner from them, only 500 miles away.

So, Alexaray is a lovely young woman (20 years) with whom I had had a strong spiritual connection with from Florida. I had spoken to her a few times while I was visiting my family down there. I had offered her some advice that she liked and so we kept a very loose texting connection for a few months after I left there. Then we lost contact. Well, about three months ago, she contacted my sister with the idea of finding my number. After just a short time of talking on the phone, she decided to come visit me in Bandon. The visit was to talk place very close to my 50th birthday.

She did come out and we had a great time. It was her first visit to the Pacific Northwest and so, having received a camper trailer and hitch from my mother for my birthday, we just traveled about and I showed her as much of the area as I could over that week. We got along as though we have spent decades in each other's company, a truly blessed time. At the end of just a few days, she was questioning whether she even wanted to go back to Florida. I talked her into going so that she would be sure of her decision.

She did go back, but really wanted to move out to the PNW. So I arranged with my friend, Francine, for her to live in the RV that I had lived in for years. Then I arranged with another friend, Keith, to give her the car he had offered me on several occasions. Alexaray told me that she had enough money saved up to not have to immediately through herself into work and so it seemed a perfect fit.

Cut back to Bandon where my time to leave was fast approaching. I decided to head North for two weeks for the reasons outlined above. I arrived in Bellingham a couple days in advance and so was able to borrow a vehicle to pick her up at the airport. Oddly enough, it was so foggy all the way to Bellingham that, even though the freeway runs right through downtown, nothing could be seen of the city but a slight glow. In fact, all the way to Bellingham the fog obscured all vision more than just a few hundred feet away. It was the strangest weather I had seen in my 10 years in the PNW.

Well, the car Keith gave to Alexaray was a manual, and she wasn't very familiar with a manual, so I went about helping her to become comfortable driving one. Just as she was becoming comfortable, 3 days before my scheduled leave date of November 5th, we were on our way to church on almost empty roads. About .5 miles from church, a young man pulled his car out in front of us without warning. It wouldn't have mattered if I had been driving, there was nothing to be done; we hit.

I just had time to see that the accident was going to happen before we hit. I remember saying, "Here it comes!" I put my left hand out to try to brace Alexaray and my right hand out in front of me and "boom", I left the seat and flew into the seatbelt (WEAR THEM!!!!) which caught me but my head, unfortunately, did not stop so quickly. Instant pain! I was very surprised my the words that came out of my mouth as I sat there holding my neck; normally I don't cuss but I heard, "Oh, f---." coming out over and over. Poor Alexaray, to just get a car and then have it taken away in such an abrupt manner...

From what I understood, the other two involved were okay. It seemed like no time and an eternity passed before the EMT arrived and were taking care of me. They transported me to the ER where after a bit of time, they finally gave me something that took away the pain. To make a long story shorter, I spent a week going to a chiropractor every day, then 3 times a week until I left Bellingham. I've also been getting massages 3 times a week, though I would gladly have missed all of that to have a pain-free body, but it is what it is. As I often say, "The Universe wraps Its gifts in the worst wrapping It can find. The worse the wrapping, the more valuable the gifts will be." I don't know the extent of the gifts the Universe intends to give me, but one lovely gift was to be blessed with the company of some wonderful friends, not the least of which has been my young friend, Alexaray.

While all this was going on, my daughter decided to move away from Bellingham to Las Vegas. She had developed an online relationship with a young man there and they decided to give living together a shot. Cly asked me to drive her U-Haul down and since there was no way to make money in Bellingham (being too cold and rainy, plus the fact that I can only wear my helmet for VERY short times, thus am unable to ride the bike) I decided to help her as it was also a way to get my bike close to a non-helmet law state. Although I don't enjoy riding without a helmet all that much, sometimes we must do what we must do. Hopefully, the Universe will be as kind to me on this next journey as It has been during my last journey.

I really want to thank all of my friends in Bellingham for their kindness and continuing generosity. May they receive the blessings of their kindness and may my action while embodied be worthy to receive it.

3 comments:

  1. Checked every day for the past two months for an update. Was very concerned. Sending loads of warm good wishes your way. May you be well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. May your wishes be true for you, as well. :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete