Thursday, May 9, 2013

My very dear friend, Sharon.

I have been incredibly lucky in my life to know some amazing people. I just visited one of them, a friend I've not seen in about 10 years, maybe more. It has been a joy to reconnect in person.

And this morning, I found a treasure in my email inbox. It was a blog update of someone who holds a very warm and loving space in my heart. She was my closest friend for a very long time, but felt she had to stop contact so she could move on, emotionally. The rest of that story is hers to tell. In any case, I enjoy keeping in touch with those I care about, but I do it in ways that are perhaps not common; I am satisfied, usually, with just knowing something about their lives and if they are okay, Sharon was the exception, we actually did talk on the phone. I can usually satisfy this basic desire to keep in touch by use of the Internet, including Facebook. Some people, though, tend to keep a low profile and it is very hard to get information.

I have looked for news of my little friend many times over the past few years but have only found very small bits here and there: mainly that she had moved from the West Coast back to the town she had come from. And that she was continuing to teach yoga and do angel card readings. Well, I had subscribed to a blog that she used to keep and have gone back to it from time to time to seek updates, in vain. Today, I found her name in my inbox and so was able to get a little update. She had asked me not to contact her, and I have honored that wish. I plan to continue to do so, but I'm hoping that she is reading this blog and has done what she's needed to do because I truly miss my little friend.

So, Sharon Denny, if you read this, know that I still think of you often and would love to reconnect with you. I have often prayed that you would find what you seek and that every good thing the Universe has would be yours. If you are ready to reconnect, or to see if the friendship is still viable, please let me know. I'll be in town for a short time and seeing you would be a great joy for me.

I hope she reads this. We used to be so connected, spiritually/emotionally that if I thought she needed to do something, she'd get the message. Hope that is still in place. But... it will happen if it is the will of the Universe.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, my friend, for this post as well as the many gifts you have given me. I'm sending you lots of fairy dust so that your travels sparkle with all the colors you could possibly want. May it be that the best is yet to come for you.

    ReplyDelete