Sunday, December 2, 2012

Interesting times on the road.

I rode to Lompoc, Ca at the invitation of a Facebook friend who seemed to be inviting me to spend the weekend. This seemed to be a direction from the Universe, which it may well be. However, at the moment, I'm wondering what I'll be doing for sleeping space tonight. I've done what I've could to make myself available for Universal guidance, but so far nothing has presented itself.

My choices include driving out of town and finding a spot to unroll my bag and bivysac and trust that the Universe will supply me with a safe spot and a dry sleep. It is so sad that one cannot just pull over and get some sleep without a policeman interrupting. I can spend the last of my money on a hotel. I can go to the local homeless shelter. I could start riding east and see how far I get. I just thought of it so I don't think it will work for tonight, but I could put up a sign in the local stores asking for tent space. In any case, it doesn't look like I'll be making much money twisting balloons in Lompoc this weekend.

My friend, Keith, said, "You can have anything you want, as long as what you want is what God wants." It's my guess that what God wants is not always what I would want.

No comments:

Post a Comment