Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sigh...sometimes life on a motorcycle includes a great deal of sitting. I've been in this restaurant since about 10 this morning, and it is 5 pm now. Just a bit tired of rain. There was a festival just 20 miles away that I might have been able to work at...had it been dry. According to the radar, it looks like I may be sitting here until they close, or will be riding back to the tent in the rain. So far, it hasn't cost me any out-of-pocket money to sit here; I've made back all that I've spent to eat, but nothing more. I am totally grateful for what I've made, but bills require a bit more. I hope it doesn't rain much while I'm in the desert...

Tomorrow, I am heading to Pasadena to see if that dentist I spoke with will work on my bridge. If not, then I am heading to Palm Springs or Lake Havasu City asap. I feel like I've brought Bandon weather with me, only without the wind. That's something, at least.

Yesterday, I wrote a long article on my tablet, only to have it disappear when I attempted to save it. Turns out that it was the Universe's way of protecting me from my own ignorance. After having time to research the information more today, I found that I had based the article on incorrect information. 

It occurs to me that isolation is good for business and thus, for the economy. The more isolated an individual feels, the more he or she has to spend to stay alive. If he has a community that grows food and feeds him, then he doesn't have to shop for those items. In fact, whatever we supply/help each other with, the less we have to shop. Thus, a shrinking economy MAY indicate a growing sense of community. One person helping another to live isn't traced by the government, yet it DOES effect the bottom line for businesses. So, as I see it, a growing economy indicates a slow death of community. The happiest countries are those that consider the community to be of great value...and that community may be as large as the entire country!

Happiest countries on the planet (score):

1. Costa Rica (64.0)
2. Vietnam (60.4)
3. Colombia (59.8)
4. Belize (59.3)
5. El Salvador (58.9)
6. Jamaica (58.5)
7. Panama (57.8)
8. Nicaragua (57.1)
9. Venezuela (56.9)
9. Guatemala (56.9)
11. Bangladesh (56.3)
12. Cuba (56.2)
13. Honduras (56.0)
14. Indonesia (55.5)
15. Israel (55.2)
16. Pakistan (54.1)
16. Argentina (54.1)
16. Albania (54.1)
19. Chile (53.9)
20. Thailand (53.5)

Isn't it interesting that the USA is #105? This according to http://www.happyplanetindex.org/

Well, have a mist out there. According to the radar, is looks like the rain MAY be coming to an end. I'm think I may as well pack it up and head for camp...and see if it is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment