Monday, November 26, 2012

Interesting day. (Saturday)

I stayed in Monterey again last night and then headed on down the coast. Now I know why I was told I need to make this drive: way more beautiful than the Oregon Coast. Just awesome! I took me 5 hours to drive 37 miles... I had to keep stopping to check out the beautiful views.

I stopped at one of the restaurants for breakfast but it was so expensive that I decided to just get a burrito from the store. Made several balloons but didn't get a good reception. I decided to ride down to where Johnny is staying before trying to find a place to camp.

I thought that I might have to just park beside the road and unroll the sleeping bag. I mentioned that idea to a woman who was working on her motor scooter and she asked if I had a bivysac. I said no and she immediately said, "Here, have mine. It's about 20 years old but should still work." I love the way the Universe works! Turns out that she owns several companies and was carrying the bag on the off chance that she might get stuck someplace without a a hotel. She planned to be home before dark. She had bought the bike in Tuscan and was riding it home; 8 days on the road. No freeways.

I then decided that I would rent a campsite if I could find one that was inexpensive enough. After trying a couple places, I found one for $17.50: I got it for half the price it would normally cost. It was a busy night for the grounds and I had to set up in the dark. Nice place, but I had no food or water. So, off I went to find some.

I rode about a mile down Hwy 1 to the Fernwood Grill. I ate dinner and made a balloon for the waitress. Another woman saw me twist and said that she also twisted. Sure enough, she proved that she could do it. She was there to visit with her friends so we only spoke for a short time. I did enjoy talking with her friend for a while. Thought about "making a play" but it would have violated my vow to refrain from sexual misconduct. Since she had been drinking, she wasn't in a condition to give clear-minded consent. So I slept alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment