Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sacramento and huh?

My third day in town. Thus far, I'm not sure why I'm here, but I am remaining present. My new hosts are two extremely nice people! I'm staying in a few 5th wheel camper next to a huge house in a lovely neighborhood. When I opened the door, there was today's newspaper on the steps along with the addresses for two local dance studios.

I have been concerned about a small growth on my temple and have wondered if it might be cancer. John, my host, was an ER doctor for 20 years, took a look and said it was nothing to be concerned about. I love how the Universe works!

My previous hostess was very kind. She reminded me of my sister, Vicki, in several ways, though more like she was a few years ago: kind but no nonsense, always busy to the point of being driven. Quite a bit different from where I am in my life just now. We didn't get much time to visit between her work and her getting ill.

My computer died today. Well, to be honest, the power cord died. I ordered a new one from eBay but need to wait until I get to the San Francisco area to collect it. I also ordered a new battery. The two, combined, cost less than half of what just a power cord alone from Radio Shack costs. This will likely result in my spending less time in coffee shops.

I've found that my biggest expense on this trip is going to restaurants. It is a social outlet for me. I've found that this is true for many one sees in restaurants. Serving staff play a vital role in many lives and most have no clue. They are often the only smiling, happy people some see for days on end.

(Some time has passed since I wrote this. I'll post another one soon. Hard to keep up using the cell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment