Friday, November 9, 2012

Walnut Creek, Ca

I met with Vivian (Gramma V) for breakfast just before I left Sacramento. We had a wonderful talk about forgiveness and other such topics and I had the opportunity to share a twist or two with her that will help her bring joy to those whose lives she touches. Just before our time was up, I found myself getting quite dizzy for no reason I could fathom. So I walked over to Target and bought some Dramamine. After waiting about 45 minutes, I was able to ride the bike across the bridge to a coffee shop and just hang out for another 45 minutes before I felt comfortable enough to ride.

The bike is seriously loaded with stuff so there's not a whole lot of room for me when I ride. I have quite the cozy nest between my pack and the gas tank bag. This seating situation puts me just on the edge of the saddle, not much cushioning. After being on the road for a bit, I needed to make a stop; between the coffee and the dizzy spell, this part of the trip was NOT a pleasant ride. I stopped and tended to business and then pulled the bike over by the entrance to the freeway, parked it and laid back on the grass, gazing at the sky. Ah, this is the life! Freedom to move or not as the mood strikes. While laying there, I notices lots of tiny black spots floating in my vision, along with longer "chains" of black dots.Trying it now, inside my friend's apartment, I'm able to see the chains, but only if I can find a solid-color background. I think I will look it up on the 'net later.

Once I got close to Walnut Creek, the freeway widened: 16 lanes. I had forgotten just how HUGE the freeways are down here in the city; very confusing if one doesn't know where they're going. I remember living near here in '96 and '97 and it is possible to get used to the hustle and bustle. Not sure I want to stick around long enough to make that effort. Being on the rat trail when one is no longer interested in the rat race doesn't make a whole lot of sense if one can avoid it. I didn't always think this way. I remember actually loving the busyness of it all.

I arrived at the apartment of my friend/student, Lalena and her mother, Marguerite and son, Pundu. Pundu is a awesome little teacher and has a beautiful singing voice. He was born without eyes and they've been told that he is developmentally disabled, though I think the doctors MAY have it wrong. It seems to me, in the short time I've been near him, that he may have awakened kundalini energy running through him. He seems very happy and in almost constant motion. I think I will have to research this some more.

Lalena and Marguerite are very pleasant people. They remind me somewhat of my daughter and her mother, only with a more civil and loving relationship. My bed is the floor in a corner of the living room, quite comfortable thanks to the Thermarest mattress. The new battery and power cord for my computer were waiting for me when I arrived and it seems the battery is going to be be a great benefit, though the cord heated up tremendously, almost hot enough to give blisters, as it charged the new battery. This battery is giving my computer quite a bit more running time between charges.

Today and tomorrow has rain in the forecast. The bike will remain parked, I think. Driving these unfamiliar streets is exciting enough without the slickness of wet roads after a long dry spell. This is fine as it gives me time to research the area and see just what, if anything, I want to do or see while here.

Funny how I have grown so content with just being. At the moment, I feel as though I am a cup, opened to being filled but with no need to hurry the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment