Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving...

It started off quite lovely at my friend's house. Wendy is such an amazing and wonderful woman! Had oatmeal and corn chowder for breakfast. I still hadn't figured out where I was going, so I got on Google Earth and checked out what towns was close to where my friend, John, is staying. Carmel, California, is the closest town.

So, after saying goodbye to Wendy, I hopped on the bike and headed out. It was a long, but pleasant ride. Got to Carmel and found that it is a town of rich people who cater to anyone who wants to spend a lot of money. Lovely place, but no where for one who didn't want to spend $200 a night for a hotel.

I headed back up the road and stopped at a hotel in Monterey. They wanted over $60 for a room but after explaining what I was doing, the woman at the front desk called around and, unable to find a cheap hotel, gave me a room for $50.50. I think it is the nicest room in the hotel! Two big beds, a gas fireplace, clean, first floor, and I was able to park the bike just outside the room.

Well, after settling in, I set off to find some food. I walked throughout town but didn't find any place until late...but had a great fish sandwich! The food made up for the noise in the bar.

I had great fun while riding through town stopping to make balloons for four little boys who were in awe of people on motorcycles. Seeing the faces of the kids while I make the balloons is truly priceless! And I have begun a contest, kinda, to see how many people I can trigger to say, "You've made my day!" It is common very fulfilling to live in such a way as to have "strangers" feel that their lives are enriched for having encountered me. Too cool!

Okay, I still have a lot to do while I have a comfortable place to work on the 'net.

No comments:

Post a Comment