Thursday, November 15, 2012

Free cookies and coffee in Walnut Creek.

Decided to head down into the town of Walnut Creek. Turns out that there is more here than I thought, though it is yet to be seen if this is a town that likes balloons. I parked at a meter in one of the motorcycle spaces and when I went to see how much they charge, found it was $1 per hour. Well, while I standing there trying to figure out if whatever I might be interested in doing would be worth the extra dollar, a 77 year old fellow came out of the store behind me and began talking about his childhood and after a bit, when he seemed to have reached a point of resolution, he invited me in for cookies. Through this interaction, I found out that there is free parking in the garage across the street.

Early this morning, I was informed by a lovely female friend of mine that she would like to recommend my name to an e-magazine publisher as a possible columnist. What fun! This friend has quite a bit of experience as an editor and says that she feels I'm a pretty good writer. It is true that I am fond of writing, though I'm not sure how interesting the content is to others. My life seems pretty calm to me.

So, after a bit, I decided to get a cup of coffee write. Stepping in a Starbucks, I was confronted by a long line. I've always enjoyed long lines (unless I'm in a hurry) because it gives me an opportunity to freak people out by attempting to connect with them on a soul level. I noticed that this particular Starbucks was offering 2 for 1 on Holiday drinks so I turned to the guy behind and and mentioned it and before I could say, "Would you like a free holiday coffee?" he said, "I'm getting an eggnog latte, if that is a holiday coffee, you can piggyback on my order." I told him that I was going to say that to him and he said that I could pay it forward. We wound up with his asking my counsel regarding his relationship with his girlfriend. This kind of thing happens so often that one would think that I would get used to it, but I still think it is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment