Friday, November 23, 2012

Monterey

Hi all,
Don't know if it is the riht thing to do, but I trust: I decided to stay over another night. Thanks to the generousity of my friend, Wendy. Hopefully, I'll be able to replenish my funds from twisting today. I'm also going to try to find a local can provide tent or couch space.

It is amazing how many people I meet who wish they "could do" what I'm doing. Little do they know, obviously, that they CAN do what I'm doing and it is just fear that holds them back. Well, fear, and the conditioning that they must remain separated and independent from each other or society will think one is a "loser". Personally, I feel that the more I am ablle to help my fellow man, regardless of race, sex, creed or financial situation, the more my joy grows.

Just by the shear numbers of people who confide in me about their desire to be able to connect with others, I can see that we are living in a dysfunctional societal model. The smaller the group that must sustain themselves, the more they have to rely on commerce to survive and thrive. So, how best to create consumers than to isolate people a diminish the sense of community and of freely helping one another? After all, generosity can't be taxed, but money in the bank can be. Well, I guess some generousity can be taxed since anything over a certain amount needs to be declared and there is a "gift tax".

But community cannot be taxed as far as I know. If I grow a garden and feed you with the bounty of nature, that will deprive (taxable) income from the big farmer, so it is best to discourage such transactions. Offering a stranger a space to sleep deprives a hotel of taxable income and fosters friendship which means less trade...and less riches and power for the 1%.

Perhaps this sounds paranoid , but it also makes sense...to me, at least. Actually, I feel sorry for the poor 1%, the resst of the country have the ability  to regain the sense of local and world community without too much change to their lifestyle. The same cannot be said of the super-rich. I now understand what is meant by, "It is harder for a rich man to get to heaven...", heaven in this sense is freedom to love everyone. If your livelihood depends on thinking of the rest of the human race as sheeple, then one is so much less likely to see others as brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment