Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lake Havasu City

I had posted a request for a couch on couchsurfing.org and had gotten a response from a young couple who had a room they were willing to offer me for 3 days. (There were 5 days left before I was to be at the London Bridge Resort.) It took me all day to get to LHC and I arrived at the house about 9pm. They were tired, I was tired and so after just a quick little greeting and tour, we all went to bed. They seemed like a great couple and so I felt quite welcomed.

At their request, since they are private people, I won't give much information about them or where the house is on the internet, but suffice it to say that the house is awesome and it has a million dollar view of the whole lake and valley. We hit it off well and they invited me to stay until I needed to go to the resort. the young man possesses one of the sharpest minds of any I have ever met and the personality of a true leader. Very charismatic! those who know me in person will hear the whole story.

So, the day came that I was to go to resort. I had chosen this particular resort from those available because it had a rockin dance club and a tourist area close by that I could twist balloons at...or so I thought. LHC, in the winter, has almost no children, no pedestrians that I have yet to be able to find almost a month later, and the club was seasonal and had a big pile of bird poop in the middle of the dance floor. (The club is an outdoor club.) So, it turned out to be a rather uneventful week. I used the time to wander about and get used to the bike, catch up on some emails and whatnot, and watch movies. I also explored the town, trying to find places to twist.

I have gotten into just giving balloons away without expecting a return...most of the time. I am now trusting the Universe much more than at the beginning of this trip and It isn't letting me down. I found a restaurant that really supports the balloon arts and has been very generous to me, even hiring me at my full paid rate while letting me accept tips. the Black Bear Restaurant in Lake Havasu City has my full endorsement! If you come to town, be sure to stop by and tell them that Kai sent you. I also got a call from the sales manager who told me that she had heard that my going rate was $150 an hour for parties (don't know where she got her info, but I was happy to oblige. Not knowing the going rates around here, I figured it was the average. The party was for that night at the ice rink right next to the hotel. It was great and they paid for the extra 15 minutes I stayed. Very cold, though...which is starting to effect my hands.

While at the resort, I stayed in contact with the young couple that hosted me and when I said that I would be interested in staying in town a little hile if I could find a place, they offered to rent me a room until February 1st for only $200. You bet!!! I jumped on it! And that is where I am right now, in my rented room on the house on the hill with the great view. One awesome joy about this place is THREE CATS! One has even chosen to keep me company in my room most of the time I'm home. I'm SO blessed!!! :-D

I got sick the day before I moved into my room. A pretty bad case of the flu. Four nights and five days in bed. I had met a beautiful young lady who brought me a bunch of medicines and vitamins to help fight the sickness, but even with all that, it was determined to keep me in bed. When I was healthy again, I went to the DMV to get a 30 day temporary registration for the Honda. It was a piece of paper in a plastic bag. I affixed it to the bike close to the main tags, but one of the three dogs that live here decided to eat it in the night. I picked up the pieces that were scattered around and went back to the DMV. We all got a good laugh over the fact that the dog ate the homework. They made a copy of my copy of the registration and even wrote on it, "The original was eaten by a dog." This time I affixed it in such a way that I can flip it into the trunk at night. 

I've been offered several paying gigs since I've been here and I've been generously gifted some funds by a dear friend, so I'm not hurting for cash right at the moment, though what I have is no where near enough to get my bridge fixed. LHC respects my efforts with the balloons and often presents me with generous and grateful people picking up my tab at restaurants. I've worked the New Year's bash downtown and am scheduled to work the Hot Air Balloonfest later this month. I've been told that it draws tens of thousands of visitors to see the 50 or 60 balloons in flight.

A couple days ago, I hitched a ride into LA to pick up the Yamaha because the temporary registration for the Honda will run out before I can get it fully licensed. I have to order a copy of the title and then mail it to several places and do some paperwork and wait for Oregon DMV to send me the tags; the Yamaha is legal until sometime in '14. It was seriously COLD that night. Going to pick it up was basically spur of the moment. I didn't know until that morning that I was going to go do it. I was almost totally without money, though I knew there was some in the pipeline. In fact, I didn't have enough to buy the gas to make it back to LHC, but one thing I have learned pretty well, the Universe ALWAYS provides. I did make it back, thanks to several generous people that I twisted balloons for on the way back.

There is more I could write, but this is enough for tonight. Perhaps I'll flesh out the posts a little more in the days to come.

A request: if anyone knows a generous dentist who may be willing to work on my bridge for little or no money, please let me know. I know that I can get teeth pulled and filled and also get false teeth through different public avenues, but none I've found will cover a porcelain bridge. One of the anchor teeth has broken in half and is barely hanging on. I'm now missing half of the tooth. I don't care about the looks of the thing, but I only have 8 teeth on the bottom and the missing tooth of the bridge is my only chewing tooth on the side that I chew most with; which is why it broke, of course. If I lose it, I lose it. Going to work for the insurance isn't an option because it takes 90 days for most dental insurance to take effect AND the bridge will not last that long. I'm willing to trade the Yamaha, once I get the Honda legal. I'd sell the Honda, but I really don't think that is why I was given it.

Alright, enough of that. the Universe ALWAYS provides. Always. Don't know where, when, or how, but it always provides.

Happy New Year, everyone! May this be the year we all make radical leaps in our spiritual evolution! 










No comments:

Post a Comment