Monday, January 14, 2013

Les Miserables and lost friends

I just received a comment on my last post from an anonymous poster stating that they would like for me to keep posting on this blog because they "love" it. After watching the incredible romantic musical drama, 'Les Miserables,' this comment triggers my mind to wander here and there in a somewhat melancholy fashion, coming up with imaginations of who this person might be.

It could be anyone at all, but my imagination creates fantasies of how I would feel if people I love very much but, for whatever reason, no longer communicate with were to create a blog in which I could in some vicarious way share in their day to day life experience: Kristina, Sharon, Simone, and a few others. Each brought great blessings to my life experience; joys that were incomparable and love that was powerful and full. They were my best friends at the time I was with them and for reasons of their own, have chosen to go their own way. Sharon Denny was my closest friend for many years and though she chooses to go her own way (no fault on either of us and I fully understand her gentle reasons), I still consider her to be one of the greatest blessings of my life and will always hold her friendship dear. I will always love my friends and wish them great joy, even if they feel that remaining apart is the path they need to take. Sometimes life paths just go their own separate ways, but that doesn't change the love and delight I have in and for each of them.

Even my son, Tyler, whom I have met once and have communicated with only a handful of times; I would enjoy reading a blog of his were I to find such. There are friends who I care about who don't know that I would like to be closer to, not in some dark, sinister way, but because I hold them in such high esteem...sometimes in much higher esteem than they do, themselves. I see radiant power of who they are, but they cannot. Sigh....

That movie effected me quite deeply, it seems. Well, that combined with a few other incidents that have occurred recently. One being an accident that happened close to where I was. I was overlooking the scene just as the police arrived. A 25 year-old young man ran a red light in a Toyota Eclipse and t-boned a  Hummer3 a couple evenings ago. He hit the Hummer enough to spin it and slam it into a light post. The young man was airlifted to a hospital in Vegas and might yet die. The people in the Hummer were transported to the hospital and then released. This put incident put me in mind of how tenuous and fragile our lives are, and with me on a motorcycle, Perhaps I ride the edge of death a little closer than others. Had that young man hit me...well...I guess I would now be finding out whether what I believe about the afterlife is true.

Combine that with a balloon order that I due to come in today. I realized recently why Buddhism speaks to me with it's primary message that everything is impermanent, not only have I lived a life on the move (Brit W.Anders--WAnders), but I work with balloons. My art is fragile and very temporary. Please note, I am not feeling sorry for myself, I am quite content with my life thus far, though I would love to reconnect with my "lost" friends. I am merely pointing out the course of my thoughts at the moment. I'm sitting in my little room that I've rented for a month, next to a mirror. Looking into the mirror, I see a smiling face looking back at me, so the truth is that my peace runs deep and my friends are still close to me and bring me great joy, even if we aren't in touch.

So, I guess I will continue to blog for a bit. Might as well, since I cannot see the end of this trip. It may not end until it is time for me to step out of this body, though I hope not. I still entertain the hope that the Universe will grant me a long-term stay in a pleasant location. (Read: a somewhat normal existence with a partner and the chance to have a cat and/or dog companion for it's lifetime.) I think that experience would be different. Either way, I will continue to give my life in the service of the joy of others.

A Story:
A wise Yogi was sitting in meditation on the edge of a stream in India with one of his students. he heard a small splash and opened his eyes to see that a scorpion had falling in the water and was drowning. He reached down and rescued the little creature and as he was placing the scorpion on dry land, it stung his hand. He smiled and immediately went back to meditating. A few moments later, he heard another splash and the same scorpion had fallen in again. Again he rescued it and again it stung him and again his went right back to meditating. The third time the scorpion fell in, the student--who had witnessed it all--couldn't stay silent. He cried, "Master, why do you keep rescuing the ungrateful creature? You know that he will sting you again, don't you?" "Of course," replied the master, "The scorpion acts according to its nature, as do I."

No comments:

Post a Comment