Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Moving Day...

...is fast approaching. In fact, it is tomorrow...as in Thursday. I have sold the Yamaha to one of the waiters at the restaurant I frequent. I haven't received the money yet, but I trust that it is soon to be here. He has to wait for his refund check. I sold it for a fair price and will use the money I receive as needed for upkeep of myself and the Goldwing. I don't see any big material purchases in my near future. I do, however, see a new living situation happening quickly.

My plan, at the moment, is to leave some of my stuff with a friend here in Lake Havasu City while I make a little trip up to Las Vegas to visit a dance friend and maybe even work on my dancing a little bit. It has been a long time since I last had a lesson. The young man I am going to visit, Elliot, was a dance teacher trainee back when I was working at U&Me Dance in Bellingham. I saw promise in him and took him under my wing, so to speak. Well, whereas I quite working for studios and thus basically quit working on improving my dancing, he continued and has become a very fine dancer indeed. In fact, from what I saw last time I watched him dance, he is much more skilled at dancing than I am now. In any case, whether I get to work on my dance skills or not, seeing him and dancing at the studio he works at will be a joy.

I have several possible scenarios for living space once I move out of this room. The young man buying my bike has offered to let me stay with him, but he has a wife and young child in a smallish house so I'm thinking that I might be in the way there. I have another woman who is willing to rent me a room on a short term basis at a price much higher than I actually wish to spend, but she is willing to let me work off a bit of the rent to make it more cost effective for me. I also have another older male friend who lives most of the time in California who offered to rent me a room for the short term for more than I wish to spend. However, if I can talk him down a bit, I think this might be my best bet. I had someone else respond to an ad I placed on Craigslist, but I think she might choose to go with someone more long-term. I would like that situation if it were to manifest.

In any case, chances are quite good that I will be hitting the road again soon, only this time on a bike designed for touring. I will miss the cats in this house I'm at. One of them is snoring on my sleeping bag behind me. When she's awake, she has a purr that is almost as loud as her snoring. I've been sleeping on the tile floor for the last two weeks with nothing but my Thermarest mattress and a light blanket and my old sleeping bag. The air mattress that I started off here with blew a big hole from having to be re-inflated so often from the smaller hole it had in it when I got here.

I like this town, but there really isn't much here for me. There is no dancing nor anyone interested in learning dancing, other than one woman who teaches a VERY small class at the collage. There's nothing Buddhist here that I've found. No woman has show any interest in me here. No place to busk with my balloons. Basically, the only thing that has been keeping me here is the weather, the cheap rent, and the beautiful countryside.Oh! And the occasional easy money from a last-minute twisting job. I must say that I have enjoyed this time of stability. However, even with remaining rooted to one home, I've put almost 2,000 miles on the Goldwing, just riding around. So, hitting the road again won't be that hard to do.  I think the hardest aprt will be trying to figure out how to get all of my balloon stock on the bike.

I had an interesting experience the yesterday: I looked at a picture of me twisting at the local hot-air balloonfest and saw an old man sitting on a stool. I saw hollows in my neck that I've always associated with "old". Oh, well...maybe that explains, in a small fashion, the fairly intense body pains I've been experiencing recently. Then again, it could be something more to do with my low-vegetable diet and lack of dancing exercise.

One joy I've been missing is having a girlfriend who was concerned with my health and who would help me maintain it. My little friend, Sharon (Cutestuff) would feed me salads and encourage me to do yoga with her and she kept me dancing a LOT. Simone would feed me veggies from her garden, as would my awesome earth angel friend, Laurie. Funny, it occurs to me that both put me to work...Wendy (not Windi) taught me about eating fruit. Had no idea that one could pick up a plum from the ground, brush away the bees and munch! Sweet Kristina went a long way toward teaching me about how to eat healthy, though I don't think I was an apt student. I do appreciate her efforts and wish I would've paid closer attention. Ah well. Perhaps I will catch a clue before I do permanent injury to this body.

It is amazing just how blessed I have been to have such wonderful, incredible, and loving women in my life as those I've been blessed with. In looking back, I can think of no one that I could wish that I hadn't dated, though I can think of a few who I know wished that they hadn't dated me, my son's mom being one of them...of course, then she wouldn't have had that particular son, so maybe she doesn't wish...

I'm tired. Can you tell? Time to take something for the pain and go to sleep. May all be peaceful, happy, healthy and whole.

2 comments:

  1. I do so enjoy when you ramble about this and that. keep going on the journey and please do continue to blog. especially like this one and the last one. - Deva & Pandu

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to read of your travels and experience on the road Kai. You and I are the same age and have some similar life experiences, but that is about it. I don't have the courage to do what you are doing at the half century mark. Please keep us up to date and continue writing of your experiences, insights, and general state of being,. You are filling a space that others like myself need to read and learn from.

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete