Friday, January 11, 2013

This and that...

Hello all,

The desert is so peaceful...it is as though the ground itself absorbs thought and time. I find it easy to stay present when out in the desert proper. I can become one with the rocks, the sky, and the occasional plants. It is very easy to just sit and breathe. I went out Wednesday and made a couple videos for YouTube; I'll try to get them up as soon as I can. One has to do with how our memories are very limited at best, and completely incorrect as the norm. I'll let you know when I've uploaded them.

I rode over to the Needles, California, DMV yesterday to see what I could do about getting the title to the Goldwing. Turns out that I was able to get the bike fully legalized. The title will be coming to me in two weeks and the bike is now registered. Now I'll see if I can sell the Yamaha and get a down-payment on getting my teeth fixed before the bridge is totally destroyed. I'm not too concerned with the looks of the missing tooth, but if that bridge breaks completely, I'll be in trouble when it comes to chewing.

While in Needles, I stopped in at a restaurant and may have wound up with a good gig in Las Vegas later this month. One that not only earns me some decent money but also gets me a hotel room there for a Friday and Saturday evening. Such an opportunity would enable me to go dancing, which is something I haven't done in well over a month. I kinda miss it. Another positive about this particular gig is that I may be able to make something big and fancy, more so that most other creations I've done. One might say it would be a show or competition piece. That'll be fun. I'll post pictures if it all comes to pass.

Now that I am in one place for a bit, I have less drive to continue this blog. However, I will continue to post on it and may change the style of what I choose to post until I'm back on the road again. I see this time in Lake Havasu City as being just a temporary stop on the journey. I have to admit, it is pleasant to stop for a bit. The next time the Universe asks me to pause, I sure hope it is in a place with dancing!

1 comment: