Saturday, March 2, 2013

Twisting and pain. (Posting two weeks after writing)

It has been an interesting weekend. First, a comment about my daughter, Cly: she is an absolutely amazing author! I've been reading her latest version of her book, 'Dragon Tamer' and it is a breath-taking epic novel, the first in a long series... And if she doesn't have it finished by the end of this month, well, let's just say that she doesn't want to know what would happen...

This was the weekend of Winterfest here in Lake Havasu City. I twisted so many balloons yesterday, and at such a high rate of speed that I threw out my right elbow: lots of pain! I made it back "home" and took the last of my vicodin and woke up this morning wishing I had more. My arm has been hurting from the shoulder to wrist. It feels like every muscle has crystalized and then shattered. But, got to work when the work is there, twisting today was a serious challenge. This was a first, and it will hopefully be the last time it has happened.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm sorry to hear that you injured yourself while twisting balloon artforms. You must really put your all into it. I assume there must be a kind of Taoist method of twisting where you are more in harmony with the balloon, you know, you practically just hold it and allow it to assume the form it is right for?
    Anyway, get well soon, if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete