Friday, July 5, 2013

July 4th...

The big news today (the 5th) is an email from Sharon basically saying goodbye. Not sure if it is a forever goodbye or perhaps just until I can make up my mind. I'm, of course, not happy about her decision, but I can easily understand it. Love for each other has never been our problem.

I had been planning to stay in La Cross, Wi the night before last but couldn't ride that far. It concurred to me that where I worked the 4th didn't matter since no one was expecting me in La Cross,  so I stopped in Milton, Wi. I camped in one of the busiest campgrounds I've ever been in. They wanted $44 for one night of tent camping. I didn't know what the price was and I would have easily been able to leave without paying, but my inner peace is worth a lot more than a few dollars. When I went to pay, they gave me the space for being honest in coming to pay when they didn't even know that I was there.

I twisted at Milton's 4th celebration. Sat down on my little stool at 11am and didn't stand up again until 5, took a 20 minute break and then twisted until 10. Brian, the park manager, gave me permission to set up my tent on-site. I life such an awesome life! This morning, I packed up and went for breakfest. I made a balloon for an incredible little 5 year old who came and hugged me and wanted to stay with me. It was the best gift any child could give to me. I am so happy than I know how to twist balloons....

I made enough money yesterday that I don't feel pressured to work today. I think that I will mosey on down the road and maybe find a park to spend a few hours in. This restaurant,  Ray's, is quite nice.. if you happen to pass through Edgerton,  stop in.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kai, It has been great following your escapades HERE from the comfort of my stuffed rocking chair. Your adventures out THERE are an armchair peek for me (and others) to vicariously follow your trials and tribulations. So, having said that I think the Sharon part of your story leaves us readers wondering what all the mystery is about when her name is mentioned. Will you be filling us readers in?

    Cheers,
    Armchair Adventurer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste, AA,

    Sharon holds a unique place in my heart. She was the trigger for my awakening. As such, on the relative level of reality, I owe her a great debt that is unique to her. I have a few other reasons but that one, by itself, is significant enough by itself. More than that, I'll keep between her and I. :)

    ReplyDelete