Friday, July 5, 2013

Leaving Ohio, and Sharon

It felt very odd, saying goodbye to Sharon. If she and I don'twind up together, then the Universe had better have an amazing plan for me to make up for the loss; it's hard to imagine anyone could love me more. What an amazing woman... She left the condo first and I tried to be gone before she came back, figuring that it'd be easier all around.  I almost made it, we passed each other on my way to the freeway.

I was planning to go to a new friend's house for a healing session before I left Cincinnati but got caught in a major traffic jam. Since it was much later than I wished and it looked like I would hit rain, I gave up and just headed on to Marion to see my brother. Flirted with rain most of the way. I stopped at the Iron Pony motorcycle accessory store in Columbus and bought something I've wanted for a long time: a phone holder for the handlebars. Usually they are way too expensive, but I got an amazing deal.

I rented a room at a hotel and got a later-than wanted start to go see my brother. I missed getting to see him before count (they count all the inmates several times a day) so had to wait for an hour before he came out. We had a great visit. I'm very happy for my brother; he has found the secret of being free while his body is imprisoned. What a lovely gift!

The ride to Plymouth, In, was uneventful but beautiful. I took Hwy 30 into Indiana and it is a lovely road. I highly recommend it as an alternative if one is traveling from\to Cincinnati or Columbus to\from points northwest. Once arriving to my couchsurfing host's house, I was greeted by Paul in the driveway. A very pleasant man and as we got to the door of the house, I was very enthusiastically greeted by 5 dogs of differing sizes and one loving cat who somehow managed to not get stepped on.Lara, a dog groomer, welcomed me and made a wonderful vegitarian pizza and tasty salad. Had a comfortable rest on the couch and had the joy of watching happy, well-rested dogs greet the morning.

On the road again around 9:30, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment