Thursday, October 18, 2012

1st day.

Got a very late start because I thought I'd stay another day and get an early start tomorrow... Then I heard the weather forecast. You guessed it, rain. 100% chance. I decided that riding on dry pavement was worth the money for an extra night on the road. However, I wasn't planning on $50 on a Motel 6. Oh, well.

The ride over was uneventful, except inside my head. Lots of stuff going on in there! Not a good thing anytime and especially not good when riding a m'bike. I've been a civic Northwest for almost 10 years, a lot has happened that time.  I found myself reviewing my time here and thinking about my friends and loved ones who are no longer in communication: there are several.

Two of them got married and that ended much of our close communication. Another was too busy to maintain another friendship; especially since I tend not to initiate communication if I'm not in an intimate relationship. Two others triggered intense emotional reactions in me, and in at least one case, her. I promised another that I wouldn't discuss anything about the relationship, especially online and I'll honor that. But each of these people still mean a great deal to me.

As I was passing through Sunny Valley, the sky was so beautiful due to the sunset and clouds that I had to stop and take a picture.  Will have to wait until I have internet access to the post the picture because I took it with my camera.

When I got into Medford, I was going to go straight to get a hotel but remembered that there is a ballroom here in town. I did not even get off bike but rode to the Evergreen Ballroom for some West Coast Swing dancing. There are some very good dancers here!

And now, it is time for bed... Sure wish I had remembered tooth paste!

No comments:

Post a Comment