Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween in a college town.

For someone who is working on integrating the awakened understanding into his sexuality, Friday and Saturday evenings in Chico, CA, the weekend before Halloween, was not peaceful. All the pretty young women in town were competing in who could wear the skimpiest outfit or who could look the sexiest.  Pour on top of that copious amounts of drugs and alcohol, testerone filled young men and you have the makings of a city-wide drunken orgy. Everywhere one looked (even in the backyard where I was camping, though I wasn't involved) "stuff" was happening. Talk about feeling old!

Toby and I walked around town to view the local Wildlife and wild it was. We made it "home" by 11 and the party was just getting started in town. Yelling, screaming, loud singing, parties all once the place, sirens going on constantly... Not much sleep to be had.

As I wandered around, I was able to see the pain that people were in, yet likely didn't even realize that they were in pain. This phenomena is somewhat like when one tenses their shoulders and realizes that they are carrying much more tension than they realized. Why does one seek to get drunk? To have fun? This hints that their normal state of mind isn't fun. Oh, but perhaps it is a different type of fun. What prompts the desire to go there? Just asking. No clue what your answers might be for you... And chances are very, very good that whatever your answers are now, they'll change.

Oh, the bobtail brothers! Just love 'em to pieces! Dog-cats, both. Onyx and Obsidian, may they live long and happy lives. I sat and caught up on Glee and Onyx slept pushed against me the whole time... That, to me, is proof that the is a heaven on earth!

I was going to break camp yesterday and ride down to Red Bluff to visit a friend from couchsurfing but her elderly father had fallen and she had to spend time with him so it was a good thing that I did not break camp.  I am moving on to Sacramento today. They have balloons stores!!! :-D I might even be able to join in a balloon jam, the first one in more than a decade!

Up, up and away!


No comments:

Post a Comment