Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin heads and integration

When I got up today and finally got out into public, I happened on a contest called pumpkinheads. People stood on the milk carton crates with carved pumpkins on their heads, and the last one standing wins $1000 plus a car. This was the 16th annual contest.

Last night, I had the blessing of being accompanied to a late dinner/breakfast by a lovely young woman. She was interested in the path of wisdom. I discovered that I'm still integrating the awakened state into my sexuality. What this means is that, when one awakens, there is a period of time in which old habit patterns can be triggered. If one is able to stay totally awake to the whole habitual process that is being triggered then it is much less likely that the trigger will work in the future. In other words, integration means allowing the awakened understanding to permeate the whole of one's ego and in this way, enabling one to dwell continually in full awareness. Unfortunately I found out that, due to recent events, I wasn't quite able to just remain aware of thoughts/feelings triggered without reaction. I lost awareness for a few moments and flirted. She handled it well, but I didn't want that to happen. (sigh) All I can do is begin again. We all have issues that are ours to work with and we usually won't know if we've succeeded in "beating" until they are challenged.

Kate, if you read this, the information you were given is completely correct, even if the messenger hasn't completely integrated it is all parts of his life. Even the world champion dancers take lessons.

It is interesting that I'm not much interested in wandering around town or up into the huge city park that I've heard so much about. I think part of that has to do uncomfortable footwear. My feet are in quite a bit of pain. I'm thinking that I'll use what cash I make this weekend in buying a pair of comfortable hiking boots that can double as motorcycle boots, if there are such things.


No comments:

Post a Comment