Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 3


Today was a good day, for me at least; don't know about that mosquito though. I slept well and awoke early.  I had plans to go to the Chico Farmer's Market about 10 blocks away from where I'm staying.  I found and spoke to the manager and she welcomed me. It was a fairly busy market, though once it got really busy, people quit stopping to get balloons. I think they were afraid of getting trampled. I wound up making enough to keep me for a few days.

I had made a big balloon hat as is my want and even made a balloonicature of "the Balloon Man"  and a "tweety" to put on top. Just as I was finishing up, a couple approached and bought it from me for $12. That's a bit less than it was worth, but more than I often get for the hats I make for work.

As I was packing up to leave, Tova, the woman who contacted me originally  to host me, showed up. I spoke with her for a bit and gave her a mini-dance lesson next to my bike. She gave me some great information  about the surrounding area so I decided to stick around a week or so. Tom, my present host, generously offered to let me stay in his camper for 4 nights and Tova offered me a place for a few more nights.  This gives me time to explore.

I went to this great sandwich shop called  Pluto's. Had a wonderful grilled portabella mushroom sandwich. While I was standing in line to pay, I made a couple little balloon hats for a couple college girls that were in line with me. It was so cute, the way they carried on! One said, convincingly, that it was to coolest thing that ever happened to her in her life.  Don't think I quite believe that, but they both were very excited and they ate their meals with their hats on and wore them all the way down the street. There are times when I just love what I do!

I contacted Tom and offered to buy him a coffee so he hopped on his little scooter and zipped on down. We sat and talked for a bit. He told me about some other neat places around here that I may try to visit before I leave. It is somewhat unfortunate that a cold front is coming in that is due to lower the temperatures considerably. It sounds like there are some very cool places to go swimming around here.

This is a very cool little city. It supports the 3rd largest municipal park in the US. I drove through a part of it and saw the coolest children's playground! Kinda wish I was still a little kid. Looked like more fun than riding my unloaded motorcycle...naw! I was also told that there is a place toward the East from here that is nicknamed, The Little Grand Canyon. I think I will go see if I can find it tomorrow.  Of course, plans change so I may not.

An example of plans changing is that I went out to go dancing tonight but the place I read about wasn't open. There are lots of young people out dancing tonight, but no couple dancing that I can find. I don't feel like going to a college club as there is nothing there for me but eye candy and I can do without too much of that just now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment