Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Preparations...

So, just changed the oil and the spark plugs, fixed one of the saddlebags as best I could and now the "take with" selection process begins. OMG! It is almost overwhelming! Those who know me, know that I own very little, but when one is trying to figure out what to take on a months-long motorcycle trip, even that little bit can be daunting. I have to take clothes suitable for dancing and everyday wear, dance shoes and sandals plus boots for the motorcycle, balloons and the stuff I need for twisting, toiletries and tent and sleeping bag. Plus my computer (wish I had an iPAD, it'd be much more space-saving) and cellphone and chargers. I also want to take a couple books that have meaning for me right now. All this on a relatively small motorcycle. Hmmm...

Then I have to store the stuff I'm not taking, mow my mother's yard and possibly clean her neighbor's windows. All before Thursday. "So why," you may ask, "are you creating this post?" Because it is a part of getting used to posting something. Plus I'm a bit of a procrastinator.

However, I will listen to my imaginary friend who is telling me to sign off and get to work.

A good friend wrote something to me the other day that I think is fabulous, "May you get what you need and may it bare some resemblance to what you want." This I wish for you.

PS, I've posted several requests for places to stay via couchsurfing.org for Eureka, Ca as my first stop on this journey. Now to see if that is where I will be led to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment