Monday, April 8, 2013

From one host to another.

I think I need to take a writing class to make my posts more entertaining. Lots of stuff happens, but it seems that my writing skills are just okay. That's fine for this fellow with only a 9th grade formal education. (Yes, I earned my GED in '92.) However, I can read my own writing and know that it is somewhat dry. *shrug* It is what it is and this blog is doing what I intended, hich was to keep those who wished to know what's going on.

Speaking of which, there are several people I have known who I wish kept a blog: my son, Tyler. My tiny friend, Sharon Denny. A couple friends from long, long ago: Debbie Bushnell and Evelyn "Evie" Carr. My most recent ex-girlfriend/estranged friend, Kristina. My good friend/brother, Keith Marteny. I'd love to know what is happening in the lives of these people (and a few others not mentioned here) but circumstances have not offered themselves for communication. I know that I am fairly easy to find online: news articles, my website, this blog, contests that I enter; in other words, I don't live a secret or confidential life. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for these friends and loved ones that I would like to stay connected to, even in such a tenuious way.

Ah, well. *sigh* So, today was moving day from one host to another in the same city. Rebecca was an awesome hostess, and I get the feeling that Diane will be jut as awesome, though perhaps in other ways. I've not yet met her, but I'm moved into the little apartment that she is offring for my use. From what I've been able to glean from our few communications, she is caring, busy, just a tad overwhelmed by responsibilities, but joyful and fun-loving. It'll be interesting to see if my initial impressions have any validity. :-)

The ride over was exciting: LOTS of wind gusts and blowing sand. It felt like what I imagine surfing a big wave would feel like. A couple times when I stopped to check GPS, I had to put the bike on its centerstand to keep from getting blown down.  It's looking like the wind is calming down a tiny bit, so perhaps I will go get a few supplies and head back to the apartment. I sure hope the Universe provides a venue for making some money, it's getting mighty slim!    

No comments:

Post a Comment