Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Universe does provide... (This post was written some time ago, I just forgot to publish it.)

...as I have known it to do consistantly. My good friend, Keith, once said, "You can have anything you want, as long as what you want is what God wants." Another friend, a Therava Buddhist monk, will sometimes end a letter with, "May you receive what you need and may it bare a striking resembance to what you want." This stop in Colorado City with enable me to make it into Tennesse. Now, may the Universe provide me with a way to get my teeth fixed!

My present host is a wonderful young woman, 33, who is an EMT and massage therapist. She has two beautiful big Malamute dogs, one of which has burrowed under the house. It is SO funny and unexpected to see this fairly small hole in the ground and then see this big dog scramble out of it! I hope Ava will get a video of it and put it online. It will go viral, I'm sure.

If you find yourself in Coloado City Wednesday through Saturday, there is a lovely restaurant called Mi Rancho. It's a mile or two off the interstate, but well worth the drive. It is family run and has a large, friendly and attentive staff. Only open Wed-Sat. Live music in the evening by an accomplished musician.

Well, perhaps I will add more later, but it is time to prepare to get on the road. Hope to make it to DC by Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kai. Not to be too nosy but how does a middle-aged guy like yourself - me too BTW - find a 33 y.o. "Host"? Is there a website? I am intrigued with your dance with the universe; makes good armchair reading from the confines of a comfy couch.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete