Monday, April 8, 2013

Just another post about...whatever.

Just came from a Unity church service in a bigger church. I know that I only got a snapshot of how it is, but I felt no connection whatsoever. It was the most formal church that I've been in in a very long time. It felt almost like a Catholic church to me. The tried to connect, perhaps, but it ddn't feel heartfelt to me. Actually, it seemed like the whole service was filler to collect money. This is an exception to the rule for Unity churches, I've found. In most Unity churches, the offering collected because the money is needed to run the church and that is the feeling that one gets.

Two positive occurences of note. I met an old German woman who went through WW2 in Berlin. She told me the story of how she became anAmerican citizen--by marrying the man who bombed her house in Berlin! How's that for an interesting story?! The second thing of note was the labyrinth they've created on the property. Walking it in the merciless sun of the desert was an interesting experience. It put me in mind of a man I think of as a close brother, Keith Marteny. Remembering walking the labyrinth in Fairhaven with him brought joy to my heart.

Yesterday, I went to 4th and Broadway here in Tucson. Had heard that it was the street performing location in town. Perhaps it is, late at night...for musicians. Not so much for this balloon twister. I wore myself out, walking up and down the road all day, trying the find a profitable place. One thing that I like about small towns is when something happens, everyone in town gathers and twisting is easy. Not so in big cities. There are so many things to do that finding a place to work (where it is allowed and there are enough kids and people) is a work of Spirit. I did, however, briefly make the aqaintance of a VERY skilled twister with the last name of Fudd. I hope it turns out that we get an opportunity to exchange ideas. Yesterday, financially, just paid for itself, which is much more pleasant than going into nee, but doen't do much for paying bills or maintainance on the bike. Not concerned, though, as it has been my experience that the Universe always provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment